Bokashi tea, also known as leachate or juice, is the liquid that can be tapped from your Bokashi Bran® kitchen digester bucket during the food waste fermentation process, which can then be used for a host of useful things, some of which you can read about on our blog.
Bokashi Tea Is Very Acidic
Bokashi tea is very acidic, which makes it an ideal natural weed killer and while using it may not necessarily last as long as tugging weeds out by the root, it can be a real time-saver when you have a lot of ground to cover.
Because bokashi tea is naturally produced, this great organic herbicide will never result in any negative health or environmental effects. It is perfectly safe for use around humans and pets.
How To Use Bokashi Tea As A Natural Weed Killer
- Wait for a sunny dry day.
- Identify the weeds you wish to eradicate.
- Collect fresh bokashi tea directly from your bokashi digester bucket.
- Pour the undiluted tea straight onto the weed.
- Repeat the weed killer process every few days if the weed is a particularly stubborn sort